1872 Wilhelm Nast and his two sons, August and William, form Nast Brothers Lime and Stone in Marblehead (Town of Eden), WI
1874 The largest lime kiln in the early days of Grafton, WI was one controlled by J.W. Ormsby, and O.W. Robertson of Milwaukee. This kiln was started in 1874 under the name of the Ormsby Lime Company, and Charles Stuart was made foreman. He employed 12 to 15 men, and turned out about 25 barrels of lime per day.
1875 A.T. Howe forms the Marblehead Lime Company
1886 Western Lime and Cement incorporated in the state of Wisconsin, offices in Milwaukee, WI. Founders/Owners: Ossian Cook, Rufus C Brown, Orrin W. Robertson. Board of Directors: Ossian Cook, Rufus C. Brown – Secretary, Orrin W. Robertson – President, A.T. Howe – Vice President, J.W. Ormsby. Western Lime Company had supply contracts and supply quotas arranged with Ormsby Lime Co. (Hayton), Marblehead Lime Co., and Cook and Brown Lime Co (High Cliff or Clifton). Western Lime and Cement operated a warehouse, 2 barns and a shop located at First Ave. and South Menominee Canal, Milwaukee, WI
1899 February 27th Western Lime and Cement purchased Hamilton Lime and Stone Co. for $60,000
1901 Western Lime purchased 32,754 acres in Taylor and Lincoln Counties, WI from the Rib River Land Company for $5.00/acre. Western Lime and Cement Co. net profit for 1901: $134,269.70
1902 Union Lime Company formed to take over Ormsby Lime, Cook and Brown Lime and Marblehead Lime. Principals are O.W. Robertson, Charles Weiler, and R. C. Brown.
1902 Western Lime and Cement Co. sells Hamilton Plant to Union Lime Company for $130,000. Union Lime Company subscribes 1300 shares of Union Lime Company stock to Western Lime and Cement Co. as payment for the plant.
1920-1921 Merger of Western Lime and Cement Co., Union Lime Co., Nast Brotherss Lime and Stone, and Empire Lime Co. Each respective company recieved shares in The Western Lime and Cement Company in return for the following pledge of assets:
Union Lime pledged lime operations at Grimms, Brillion, Marblehead, Hayton, Hamilton, High Cliff, Meany Farm and Reedville Quarry.
Nast Brothers pledged lime operations at Marblehead, Nasbro, Germantown, Kewaunee, Knowles
Western Lime and Cement pledged lime operations consisting of a warehouse, 2 barns, three trucks, one car, 1166 2/3 shares of Union, and current inventory
Empire Lime pledged lime operations at the Quarry Plant